- name and job title
- contact information including e-mail address
- occupation and company details
- interests in order to provide you with details of Eversheds products and services
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- other information relevant to recruitment processes
- other information relevant to the purchase of products and/or services including credit or debit card details.
Eversheds may use this information for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping and administration
- to improve its products and services
- send information to you which it thinks may be of interest to you
- provide information relating to you or others if you indicate that you want to receive marketing material or similar communications
- provide aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help Eversheds develop their Website and services, Eversheds may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual
- recruitment and selection purposes
- to pass your details to accountants, consultants and other professionals, for the purpose of obtaining professional advice and complying with Eversheds’ contractual obligations
- use the information to customise the Website according to your interests
- for the purpose of compliance with applicable laws and regulations to process payment for the purchase of products and/or services.
If you have supplied contact details Eversheds may contact you by e-mail, phone, fax or mail.
The internet is not a secure medium. Eversheds is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies and IP addresses
On this Website Eversheds uses Google Analytics to measure and analyse information on visits to the Website. To that effect we use your IP address (a series of numbers that identifies a computer on the internet) to collect, among other things, internet traffic data and data regarding your browser type and computer. We will not use the data to identify you personally.
This Website may contain links that make it easy for users to visit other websites. If the user uses the links to leave the Website and visit a website operated by a third party, Eversheds does not have any control over that website. Accordingly, Eversheds cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which users have provided while visiting such websites. Users should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You can choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box which you can click to say that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously not objected to Eversheds using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by writing to:
Leeds LS11 5DR
Eversheds may also like to provide you with information by e-mail. However, Eversheds appreciate that e-mail “spam” has become a problem in recent years. If you are a client or you have previously asked Eversheds for information on our products, Eversheds may send you information on our range of products by e-mail, unless you have asked Eversheds not to do so.
If the reason you have given Eversheds personal information is to receive e-mail information from them, Eversheds, will continue to provide this information by e-mail unless you ask them not to do so.
Otherwise, when you provide Eversheds with personal information, you will be asked whether or not you are happy for Eversheds to send you this kind of information by e-mail.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing e-mails from Eversheds, please contact our Share Team at:
Leeds LS11 5DR
or tel 0845 498 4931 (international +44 113 243 4931)
Eversheds will only disclose your personal information to other people or organisations if we have: (i) obtained your consent to do so; (ii) if those people or organisations are members of Eversheds International or are providing a service to us; or (iii) in exceptional circumstances where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
Eversheds will only hold your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request details of personal information that Eversheds holds about you. An official fee will be payable. If you want to make a request, you should write to the Share Team at the above address. If you believe that any information Eversheds holds about you is incorrect or incomplete, you should write to the Share Team at Eversheds at the above address. Any information which is found to be incorrect will be corrected as soon as possible.
Further details about our data protection obligations and your rights to access or modify your information are set out at www.eversheds.com/usefulinformation.
Data protection and privacy statement
This Data Protection and Privacy Statement applies to all your information held by Eversheds LLP (‘Eversheds’), which will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and added to our marketing databases. It may be used for internal statistical analysis, to fulfil any requests from you for further information and services and to contact you by mail, telephone or (if you give us your e-mail address) electronic communication about other services or events offered by Eversheds or members of Eversheds International (some of which are outside the European Economic Area in countries which do not have laws protecting the use of personal information), details of the members of Eversheds International and their locations can be found on our website at www.eversheds.com.
Where we transfer personal information to service providers or members of Eversheds International in other countries (some of which may be outside the European Economic Area in countries which do not have laws protecting the use of personal information), we will only allow your personal information to be used for the purposes mentioned above and we will ensure that it is secure and protected from unauthorised access. We may also transfer your details to any successor to our business (or a relevant part of it).
If you do not wish to receive further information about services and events offered by Eversheds and its associated firms, please contact the Share Team by writing to Eversheds LLP, Bridgewater Place, Water Lane, Leeds, LS11 5DR, or telephone 0845 498 4888, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist you with your queries. You may also contact us this way if you wish to have access to, modify, correct or object to the further processing of your information.